Real Bad Blowout Problem

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Man 5, Nov 23, 2002.

1. Lawn Man 5

Lawn Man 5 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

During this leaf removal season I?ve been having a very hard time with leaves blowing in front of the deck to the other side. It is really bad when the leaves are dry. I tried doing a search and didn?t find really what I was looking for. I have read about people using a blowout baffle, but it really wasn?t explained exactly where it was mounted or what it was. I am currently using doubles with a ?gator magnums on top and a high lift on the bottom, which probably creates much more airflow. I would prefer to leave the doubles on because I can fit so many more in the bag, than with singles. By the way I?m using a 48in husqvarna walk-behind. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

it's mounted on the deck front.

try searching anti blowout baffle

or

anti blow-out baffle

i know there are some very good pics and posts on the subject.

also try the exmark section of lawnsite

3. Lawn-N-Garden Guy

Lawn-N-Garden Guy LawnSite Senior Member

Try lowering the front of the deck down from a 1/4 inch to a 1/2 inch,Should make a differance. Mine did.

4. deason

deason LawnSite Member

I am running single gator mulchers on my Lazer with blow-out baffle. 2 passes in heavy leaves and they are gone. Try running single gators and see if that helps. With doubles, you are moving alot of air.
    LIke bubble boy said, see if you can find a blow-out baffle. It will make the difference.

5. Lawn Man 5

Lawn Man 5 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Are the blowout baffels the same for all mowers, just different deck sizes. Are there any online sites specifically for theese?