Real Dizzy!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RedWingsDet, Jul 8, 2004.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

well this mornining i left around 7:15, got to the first job by 8. started raining but cut in it, i had 7 lawns done by 10:20 and after those last two of the 7 i got REALLY DIZZY, so i came home and got something to eat, i still have 13 i have to do today, but im going to go back out around noon i think and finish up!

but i serisouly thought i was going to fall over, i would have kept cutting more lawns, BUT i am by myself today, i didnt feel like paying anyone today lol, so im kinda taking it easy.

but yeah, its so weird when you get that dizzy light headed feel!!! i thought i was going to pass out! this was the FIRST time that i havent eaten breakfast before working, so from now on i know to eat! lol sorry for the rant, just letting you all know to be careful when your working alone, or even with someone else!

2. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Well at least your okay, just have to no when to take a break I guess....

3. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

sorry to hear that. Thats alot of lawns for 1 day. How mant sq/ft are those. They must be postage stamps. Must be nice. most of mine are like 16000 +

4. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Glad to hear it was from skipping breakfast. At least yer not pregnant. That's really hard on a man's mowing schedule!:laugh:

5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Keep tabs on that as there may be other things going on. Do you have a history of diabetes in the family? Low blood sugar in the morning is common for everyone but diabetics have to really watch their sugar.
    Have you been keeping up on the liquids during the days? When you are thirsty it is getting to be too late. Take in lots of water even if it means peeing 5 times during the day.

Hopefully it was a 1 time thing, eat breakfast. Take care.

6. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

how can a 16 year old own an LCO legally? I don't think we can do that in NY? keep up the good work dude

7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Its starting to get hot here, into the 90's. At one point I thought I was going to get sick, but I just drank lots of water and continued on. Suppose to be mid to high 90's for the next 10 days....not looking forward to that.

8. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

As pointed out you might want to see the doctor on this one unless you are totally sure that it was just you skipping breakfast. We all only get one chance at being here and anything you can do to stay here longer is a good thing.

Gravely_Man

9. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

It sounds like you are hypoglycemic (low blood sugar) I have hypoglycemia and I have to eat breakfast even if im not hungry. i am no doctor but I would go have a glucose test just to be sure.

10. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

when i was 16, i used to drink a case of iron city, smoke a pack of marlboros, have a date with the twins down the street, stay up till 3, wake up at 7, jog four miles, then go to work all day with the lawn crew at a country club where they made me use a push mower 8 hrs a day. they just don't make kids like they used to. anyhow, be careful kid, listen to your body, it tells when to do what, and when enough is enough. especially in this heat.