Real Estate Agent Part Time???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by AAATreeLandscape, Jan 16, 2003.

1. AAATreeLandscape

AAATreeLandscape LawnSite Member
    from MA

Wanted to know if anyone is or know someone who is a Real Estate Agent and also owns a Landscape Co. Trying to figure ways to make some $ during the slow winter months while also networking it with Landscaping. A)You'll beable to find out the New Home Buyers in your area to service. B)You can provide a service to those who want to make there house look better for a sale. C)You can make some decent cash selling houses these days (most agents work nights & weekends). Let me know what you think!

2. Nebraska

Nebraska LawnSite Senior Member

I know a guy in my area that owns a commercial lawn and landscape company; about 20 years in business. He started as a residential real estate agent 10 years ago and now does commercial real estate. Says that he does very well considering the fact he only puts in part time hours.

3. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

i was a real estate agent for two years before i started doing this...would not be a good source of income in the off months..home sales begin to slow around sep-oct, and a very slow during dec jan feb...by law you prob cannot solicit home buyer prospects for lawn care unless you fully disclose to your broker and the prospects your intentions...conflict of interest there...in my experience, many agents are right up there w/ car sales people...it is near impossible to make a buck unless you are dedicated to putting in a bunch of hrs to get recognized...the top agents get the marketshare...not to mention the fees you must pay to the local board and mls, expenses etc...plan ahead during the yr for a cash reserve if you cannot find alot of work in the off months...get a part time seasonal job if need be...just my opinion..

4. AAATreeLandscape

AAATreeLandscape LawnSite Member
    from MA

Thanks for the replys. I'm still debating the Real Estate thing but I definitely want to do something that I can use with landscaping. Something that I can do part-time if I need to and network for more business. Any suggestions???

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I worked for a florist one winter doing deliveries mostly. I handed out a bunch of business cards with arrangements. The owner didn't have any problem with that and I got some new business too.