Real Estate Company

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fostertank, Jun 6, 2008.

1. fostertank

fostertank LawnSite Member

I got an email today from a real estate firm looking for bids on their 40 residential accounts...CHA CHING... But the problem is they want biweekly on most and one month cut on vacant lots. I hate biweekly, especially in this weather its a pain. Grass that high destroys the equipment and ends up looking like crap. I like to stick with the 7-10 day cut schedule And I know there will be slobs living in these apartments, which means trash everywhere. I just got rid of all my biweekly accounts last week. What do you guys think I should do. I don't want to lose this bid, but i don't want July to role around and I want to kill myself i knee high grass.

2. cgll1135

cgll1135 LawnSite Member

Take all you can get! After the first mow if the grass type is fescue set your mower at 3.5-4 ''. The vacant lot set your mower as high as it will go just to knock it down.

3. Digdug

Digdug LawnSite Member

I thought bi-weekly was twice a week.

4. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

shoot, I'd take it if it wear in my area

5. SamTheLawnMan

SamTheLawnMan LawnSite Member

Think he ment bi-monthly....;)

6. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, unless the people running the show are jerks. I've had quite the run-around with some agents here in Stl. Wonderful people - never pay on time, want everything done yesterday, will dump you if some one comes along who's cheaper.

Just make sure you don't get into a situation like that. . .

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Oh, the grass cut lottery ...
    Hmmm ....

I hear say it's an interesting game, if you're in the mood.

I played it once this year, I didn't win.

8. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

The true definition of Bi-Weekly is once every two weeks. However it is often confused with twice a week which is incorrect.

Just FYI after having to explain this to customers the last 5 years.

9. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Bid it where you'll be content. That simple.

10. Dugann

Dugann LawnSite Member

Bingo. These jobs can be profitable, if they are not jerks to deal with, pay in a timely manor, and you go in knowing that if someone cheaper comes a long you will be dropped. Just from my experience with these sort of folks as well. As in a song "go on take the money and run."