Real Estate Folders

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by J&R Landscaping, Aug 6, 2007.

1. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I received a call from an advertising company (4sure ads) that they were putting folders together for 5 local REMAX agents in a couple of local counties (bucks and montgomery). I met with a represenative of the firm and got some info about it. They are offering a few different size ads, (your choice) for this folder that will be distributed to new home buyers and sellers. They are printing 3500 folder which the real estate agents beleive they should last 2-3 years.

Has anyone ever advertised this way? Was it effective? Would you do it again? Thanks!!
  2. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

how much does that cost and is there a bunch of ads on there or just yours
  3. J&R Landscaping

Well, its a standard size two pocket folder. They have a good amount of ads in there (prolly about 12 or so). They are allowing 2 advertisers per catagory. The prices range from $575 for a small ad (bus. card size) to $2500 for a full page.

For this printing they have 1 other landscaper already signed up and I am still deciding.
  4. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

sounds hit or miss to me and knowing how realtors work I am leaning more toward miss
  5. taproot

taproot LawnSite Member

The one good thing I see in this is that new home buyers have some money to spend and almost always want to make changes to a new home almost immediately after buying. Ive gotten lucky with my lawyer who set up my llc for me. He is also a real estate lawyer and for me using his services, he has given me quite a bit of business. Fortunately for me, I am his only client in this industry so any referrals go to me. For me, Ive done nothing but left a stack of business cards with him, but I get enough work through new home buyers because of it, that I could probably justify spending a little on marketing in that direction. And at least you would be one of the first two companies they will see and recognize. This can go a little ways if they are new to the area and dont have much time with the move to go flipping through the phone book or newspaper ads.
  6. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

pass on this one like some one else said its hit or miss but now say its a hit for landscaping then the next step is hit or miss again because you have another landscaper in there too....put that money towards direct mailing, yellow pages, or truck and shirt lettering
  7. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

Realitors around here are VERY CHEAP around here when it comes to paying for property upkeep.

8. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

It is better to spend time networking with local quality realtors rather than spending money on these folders. I have landed several realtors own homes and they recomend me to many others. Do a good job and you will get work. Less money that way.
  9. J&R Landscaping

I decided I'm going to pass on this. I know the other landscaper who is being advertised and the type of work we do is the same at the moment.
    The biggest thing for me was the fact that this is the first time these agewnts are using a folder like this. Since there is no gurantee they will actually distribute all the folders, it is a huge gamble. I contacted one of the real estate offfices today and talked to the guy who is in charge of this project. He said some good things and some not so good things.

I know that when people want to try and sell a home, they want to make it look nice but the way the real estate market is over here right now, nobody will want to spend much money. Homes are for sale like crazy around here but not many buyers are out there so it seems.