1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Real Estate

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turkp15, Jul 12, 2003.

1. turkp15

turkp15 LawnSite Member

What's up guys

I wanted to know how many of you go to real estate agents for work and how you guys approach them? Do you have a packet you show them what you offer of tell them my mouth?

2. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

Be careful. My experience with them is that they all want it done for as cheap as possible and they are very slow paying.
  3. Florida 5 Star

Florida 5 Star LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Real estate agents, like property managers like low dollar figures. I do both here in Florida and it is all about the bottom line and how much they will save on using you over the other competitor.
    When soliciting business in a real estate office you should ask to set an appointment with the "qualifying" broker and they should be able to get some where (as they usually own or manage the realty location)
    Remember you can bring in a flashy presentation of services provided and how you will do better than the others in the area but its all down to cost nothing more nothing less.
    But if you do want to do business with them they love I mean love perks IE free cutting around the office or their homes. Then word of mouth takes off from their
  4. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I agree 5 star, it does just come down to lowest price. I would be careful with the free perks though. Seems like you could get taken advantage of pretty easily. Once you get in the habit of cutting their office for free, they will expect it whether or not they've currently got any paid work for you.
  5. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

My latest RE agent experience turned out fine. But I wouldn't make a habit of working with them. This one just happened to be next door to other homes I did and I charged extra too. I was in and out in 25 minutes and charged $35/cut.

As far as doing rental homes....not for me.
  6. cmcquate

cmcquate LawnSite Member

Tell me about it! We (wife and I) started a multi-faceted business providing services for realtors. One of the services is lawn care for foreclosed and vacant properties. Unfortunately, the payments come from the bank or REO that owns the property. Payment time has been running 30-120 days! I'm not sure though how much of it is the bank as opposed to the realtor not submitting invoices for payment in a timely fashion. We are about to cut him off though until he gets his ---- together.:angry: