1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Real Green Software Alternatives?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by The Lawn Crew, Dec 30, 2006.

1. The Lawn Crew

The Lawn Crew LawnSite Member

Hi! The real Green Software looks to be a nightmare so far. No user's manual, an hour on the phone to set it up. Simple things like entering the company name are a challenge. Endless unexplained field with triple drop-down menus with an array of other actions required to enter information.

It looks like a powerful program but with a very steep learning curve which could be a BIG problem with any future office employees or future company owner.

I think there were two lawn care software companies, one was Lawn Solutions and the other SRS? Scott's used the latter of the two before switching to Real green.

Not really getting the vibe from the company either. They seem kinda greedy and impersonal in a way. I could be wrong...

Anyway, any suggestions for quality and simplicity?

2. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

Quickbooks pro!

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

what he said^
  4. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Groundskeeper Pro.
  5. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

The software is not hard to use. An hour on the phone to set it up doesnt sound right, they do onsite installation and 2 days of training while there. plus you get free support for 6 months. They are a class act company. did you buy the software? the price scares away most smaller operations, but our crews enter their own production, and gets their own work to do once the season starts. I suggest unless you know your facts you stop making comments. Or supply me with your name and number and I will ensure you get the help you need.
  6. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

i demo'd the real green, and it looks like it may take a bit to set up, but that is because it's a VERY powerfull program, it looks to have just about anything you could ever want when it comes down to reports/tracking employees/customers. just alittle more then i can spend, so i'm going w/ Qxpress. real green does offer interest free purchase, 1/3 down and the rest spread over 12mos. or something simular to that.
  7. The Lawn Crew

The Lawn Crew LawnSite Member

J. Hisch. I know the facts. Don't post snide remarks. You certainly don't know the facts of my experience, wouldn't you agree? There you go...

For the price of this software it should come with a user's manual. It is not intuitive at all. It has all the feel of a DOS program from two decades ago.
  8. dblcspraying

dblcspraying LawnSite Member

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

There really is no comparible software to the Realgreen system. Though there are some that may be a bit similar (Qxpress, etc.), none are as powerful or do as much as the Realgreen. I am waiting to take the plunge myself, and know that it is the inevitable. Right now, I have my my own home designed system in place, and while it is a slight bit more work entering data, it DOES allow me to do things that the Realgreen (or any other program) would not. As I say though, I know eventually, the choice will no longer be mine..I will HAVE to go with it - especially with the rate of growth we are doing. Which leads us to another chapter, altogether...the Realgreen systems has marketing abilities like no other that is packed under one roof.
  10. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

Very true. I attended one of their seminars where they were demonstrating what 21% of gross revenue turned back into advertising could produce in sales over a 3 year period. I had to wonder how effective their program and materials would be at less than 21%. Does anyone have any 1st hand experience?