Lawn Care Forum banner

Real Green Software Alternatives?

11K views 79 replies 33 participants last post by  Dandylyin Slayer 
#1 ·
Hi! The real Green Software looks to be a nightmare so far. No user's manual, an hour on the phone to set it up. Simple things like entering the company name are a challenge. Endless unexplained field with triple drop-down menus with an array of other actions required to enter information.

It looks like a powerful program but with a very steep learning curve which could be a BIG problem with any future office employees or future company owner.

I think there were two lawn care software companies, one was Lawn Solutions and the other SRS? Scott's used the latter of the two before switching to Real green.

Not really getting the vibe from the company either. They seem kinda greedy and impersonal in a way. I could be wrong...

Anyway, any suggestions for quality and simplicity?

Thanks!

#5 ·
The software is not hard to use. An hour on the phone to set it up doesnt sound right, they do onsite installation and 2 days of training while there. plus you get free support for 6 months. They are a class act company. did you buy the software? the price scares away most smaller operations, but our crews enter their own production, and gets their own work to do once the season starts. I suggest unless you know your facts you stop making comments. Or supply me with your name and number and I will ensure you get the help you need.

#6 ·
i demo'd the real green, and it looks like it may take a bit to set up, but that is because it's a VERY powerfull program, it looks to have just about anything you could ever want when it comes down to reports/tracking employees/customers. just alittle more then i can spend, so i'm going w/ Qxpress. real green does offer interest free purchase, 1/3 down and the rest spread over 12mos. or something simular to that.

#7 ·
J. Hisch. I know the facts. Don't post snide remarks. You certainly don't know the facts of my experience, wouldn't you agree? There you go...

For the price of this software it should come with a user's manual. It is not intuitive at all. It has all the feel of a DOS program from two decades ago.

#9 ·
There really is no comparible software to the Realgreen system. Though there are some that may be a bit similar (Qxpress, etc.), none are as powerful or do as much as the Realgreen. I am waiting to take the plunge myself, and know that it is the inevitable. Right now, I have my my own home designed system in place, and while it is a slight bit more work entering data, it DOES allow me to do things that the Realgreen (or any other program) would not. As I say though, I know eventually, the choice will no longer be mine..I will HAVE to go with it - especially with the rate of growth we are doing. Which leads us to another chapter, altogether...the Realgreen systems has marketing abilities like no other that is packed under one roof.

#10 ·
Which leads us to another chapter, altogether...the Realgreen systems has marketing abilities like no other that is packed under one roof.
Very true. I attended one of their seminars where they were demonstrating what 21% of gross revenue turned back into advertising could produce in sales over a 3 year period. I had to wonder how effective their program and materials would be at less than 21%. Does anyone have any 1st hand experience?

#11 ·
So I assume that Real Green is based in Indiana? I looked into Real Green and found y'all to be quite full of yourselves as well.

Acted like I was bothering you with questions.

I also had to laugh HARD when you sent one of your own customers a letter threatening him when he posted honest answers that were posted in a thraed like this.

Very sad. Bill Gates would be impressed though.

#16 ·
one salt here, (because we do a few hospitals). i have 4 mowers stripped down to bear frame wating for paint from scag, they closed over the x-mass and new year holiday. spring couldn't get here soon enough!

#20 ·
J. Hisch. I know the facts. Don't post snide remarks. You certainly don't know the facts of my experience, wouldn't you agree? There you go...

For the price of this software it should come with a user's manual. It is not intuitive at all. It has all the feel of a DOS program from two decades ago.
I don't know the facts of your experience but here are the facts of mine. When I purchased the software a Real Green employee flew in and spent 2 days teaching me the basics of the software. They have an excellent call in support system to answer your questions, although you usually have to wait a bit to get a call back during busy periods. You can also e-mail questions to support through a easy to use feature in the program. They did supply a huge owners manual which I have rarely used because the help menu built into the software answers most questions and is updated regularly. Real Green software is constantly being updated and improved, I go to their site to update monthly. The software is very powerful and dynamic, it takes some time to get comfortable with but once you learn the ropes it is awesome.

#21 ·
Anytime I have ever talked to them, they have been very cordial, helpful, and informative. The salesman that is working with me has extended his invitation a few times to come down and tour the facilities. They are always ready and able to answer any questions about the program and software. I would have to see this other thread that was mentioned to believe it.

#23 ·
Again like, I said I am not buying Lawn Crews stroy at this time.. unless he can provide the facts surrounding his claim. I too have had all great dealing with them.

Thec flew in 2spent 2 days with me, gave me a big manual, free support etc. My experience has bee just like Cremers.

#24 ·
I don't know the facts of your experience but here are the facts of mine. When I purchased the software a Real Green employee flew in and spent 2 days teaching me the basics of the software. They have an excellent call in support system to answer your questions, although you usually have to wait a bit to get a call back during busy periods. You can also e-mail questions to support through a easy to use feature in the program. They did supply a huge owners manual which I have rarely used because the help menu built into the software answers most questions and is updated regularly. Real Green software is constantly being updated and improved, I go to their site to update monthly. The software is very powerful and dynamic, it takes some time to get comfortable with but once you learn the ropes it is awesome.
"ditto":) :)

#26 ·
They will fly in and provide you with two days support. You pay for their airfare and hotel. Customer Support? Sure, they have it. Leave your name and telephone # and they will get back to you. Want an instruction manual? Sure, just ask and we will send you one. We don't include it with the software. We will, however, include literature on every other product we offer, we'll even slip a cd in a folder for you to sift and find. We will not ship the software and manual together as a comprehensive software package. But if you're a good sifter and decipherer, this is the program for you.

It is NOT an intuitive program at all. If you think that you can load it on your computer and go--NO WAY! If you will be out in the field and need to hire a secretary, you will definitely either need to have time to train her, and it's a steep learning curve or pay Real Green's airfare and hotel cost and hope the person can learn the program in two days.

When the cd is loaded, there are a bunch of tasks involved with setting it up. You will need to find folders, copy contents, delete contents, re-paste content. Download new version, even though they just sent you their, presumably, latest version.

It looks like a lifelong partnership of paid support. So complex, even if it may be powerful, and so non-intuitive, that it just may not be worth it. At $2995 for a 500 account program, plus paying for support after 6 months--you really need to run a program like this and see if it fits your needs. Best done in the down time of winter, you do Do Not want this learning curve during the season.

It has the look and feel of a 20 year-old DOS program. If Microsoft made software that is this complex to operate, they would not be where they are today.

9000 customers in 3 years. Very good! I beleive they previously owned and sold a lawn care company. I'm curious to know how many of the old customers are on board with the "New" 9000 customer base. Non-competes only are good for so long...

Does anyone have a contact for SRS Software or Lawn Solutions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.