1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Real Green Software

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LAWNGODFATHER, Dec 24, 2001.

1. Is anyone using this?

I read a few posts but nothing specific.
  2. pyrocare

pyrocare LawnSite Member

I have seen thier video that they send out and their software looks very nice. It will run just about every aspect of your business, total automation. I haven't bought it, and probably won't due to the price. I'm guessing they want at least 2 grand for it.
  3. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Why are you guessing? Just find out....(It is actually alot more than that.)

The software itself, from what I saw in the demo, is more suited for spraying companies, but of course can be used for maintenance as well. (Just alot of features that are only used for spraying)

It is an excellent program, but it was not exactly what we were looking for when we were software shopping.

We use Lawn Monkey and are very pleased.
  4. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

The program is called the Lawn and Pest Assistant III and as the name implies addresses the needs of pesticide applicators best.

Cost $4700.00
    But there are kickbacks if you switch from another green industry software.

If your primary business is applications, it's the best non-custom program out there.
    If you need a program for mowing & other services, it's probably overkill.
  5. I got a video on what they have (no demo) looked ok.

$4700 is 4 times more than I will spend.

But they did send me many samples of the other stuff they sell.

Neat post card
    Door knob bags
    Door knob hangers
    preprinted invoice forms
    Lawn signs for apps
  6. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

Wow 4700 ! That's what's so great about the software industry.Without tryin to ruffle anyone's feathers why not sell it for 1/10th the price and get 10 times the customer base? You could always sell it without the high level of customer support,and still have satisfied customers.
  7. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Their software is semi-custom and is really geared towards the companies who aren't price shoppers: they make the investment in the best software they can get for their business.

BTW: Would YOU cut your price in HALF to double your customers? I hope not.