Real income or supplement income

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by meets1, May 23, 2004.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Are you guys making the liven or is your wife? Are your wive's working and helping out or are you doing this as sole income!?!?

2. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

This is my first year, so not so hot. Figuring next year I'll make a living, the year after, I'll start making real money.

3. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I make a pretty good living, thank god !

4. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

main income, was working an evening job but not doing that anymore... fixing to go thru the police academy so i guess eventually i'll be back to part time.

5. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

This is fulltime job and fulltime income. The wife does have a job also,as most wives do these days.

6. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Wife has full time job, I mow acreage full time.

7. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

The cutting is my wife's business, I have a full time day job. I am more like support staff.

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

my cutting is the income really. Wife only covers rent, I pay for everything else.

9. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I was wondering - I know a couple guys in the business. They are supplement income. Need to get kids, he goes, watch summer rec, he goes, kid sick - he stays home.

My wife works but b/t mortage, insurance for house and vehicles, property taxes, takes care of wife's income. All helps though I am thankful for that!!

I do pretty well and can't complain. I am just curious how others are doing it!

10. I'm the sole income. Been that way since we started having kids, 16yrs ago. Wife holds down the fort at home and does volunteer work for the school system