real scrub test

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Feb 15, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

this is the real scrub test, it don't matter what kind of equipment you have, or wether you pull it with a brand new ford or a team of mules. answer these questions honestly: #1-do you ever allow haggling on prices? #2- do you do "favors" or little extras for free? #3- does your customer tell you not to come because it "does not need cutting"? #4- do you cut every other week? #5- if a client has a question about a lawn problem, do you ever say, "i'm not sure, i'll find out?" #6- a customer needs shrubbery, mulch, trimming, chemicals, you need to sub this out? #7- u arrive on your regular day, the client is having a party, asks you to come back tommorow, do you? #8-it is late october, the leaves are falling, the customer is unwilling to pay for leaf cleanup, but would still like the grasscut at the usual rate, do you continue to cut it? #9- do you clean leaves for grasscutting rates? #10- it rains for 5 days straight, you miss the regular service day, by the time you are able to get there, the grass is outrageously high and needs to be double , tripple, quadruple cut, do you do it for the regular price? #11- a client does not pay thier bill, you make every "orthadox" attempt to collect, still no luck, do you pursue your money like a starved mountain lion after a baby wild boar, or do you just "chalk it up to experience, and let it slide?" #12-IS THE CUSTOMER YOUR BOSS? if you answered YES to any of these questions, you must ride the little bus, i'm afraid there is no more room, on the back of the bus
  2. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Where have you been Bobby?
  3. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

Bobby I have missed your posts

I remember the first or second time I went on this site and someone was telling a bobby story, and it took me a while till I found out what they were talking about. Glad to see your back
  4. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

welcome back from vacation, WEASEL BOY.

GEO :)
  5. bobbygedd

from NJ

jodi wouldn't let me post. said i was "useless" to this forum
  6. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

yeah, but that's still no reason to not let you post... :D
  7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

funny, but that's not true, tell them the real reason......... you were pouting cause you thought I would never talk to you again. ;)
  8. bobbygedd

from NJ

actually, i was having a party cus i thought u would never talk to me again. then the girl sends a truckload of roses for valentines day, and , well, that soft spot in my heart (it's about as big as a pinhead) , it just gave in.
  9. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

What is the point of this thread? Sounds like your just trolling for an argument. You know the ones that you get into and try to show everybody how great you are by telling them how bad they are and how wrong they are? It gets real old, real quick.
  10. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Your darn right he's trolling for an argument. Who does he think he is calling people scrubs because they might give someone a senior discount or help someone out and not ask for anything in return. This place was alot more peaceful without you spewing your crap and insults around.