RealGreen for Maintenance and Landscaping?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by MudslinginFX4, Jan 3, 2008.

1. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys, I was wondering how many of you all are using realgreen for your landscaping and maintenance companys? From using the demo, I feel it is aimed more towards a chemical care company then maintenance.

We do offer chemical care, but only for our maintenance customers so I'm wondering if a program like this is the best thing for us to still use. I don't mind spending the money on something I can grow into it, but realistically, I probably won't ever use all of the features it offeres... or will I?

I'd like to hear from some of you to see if as a maintenance company you are getting full use out of it.

Cameron

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

There are much better suited programs for the maintenance and landscaping aspects. For the landscaping for instance, thee are programs that track materials for invoicing and such. While Realgreen will track material usage and inventory stock, I am unsure if it is rounded to invoice several material products at once separately to labor. Cost feasibility-wise, I would certainly research some different options.

3. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks Runner,

That is exactly how I am feeling. I can see if you have thousands of customers (very easy for a chemical care company) this program will be a huge help, but with a maintenance/install company such as mine I think there are better programs that are very similar but more suited towards the maintenance.

4. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

We use it for maintenance, and lawn care, use it also for landscaping, but only for invoice total and A/R.

5. kandklandscape

kandklandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

yes program cost $3500 for full version plus $1000 for vanity number rest is for advertising that we have the 181000 lawn care number.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Ok....I'm convinced.....This just crosses the line and I have just heard WAY too many not just negative, but BAD things about this whole outfit. This one just blows my mind, though. If the Attorney general has record of this, and it is actually a case in the works - not just an accounting glitch, then this is BIG.

7. CharlotteOutdoorImpact

CharlotteOutdoorImpact LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, and I was getting ready to go to Myrtle Beach in a few weeks to a marketing seminar.. I don't think I will waste my time, after hearing all this.

Thanks for the heads up.

8. kandklandscape

from PA

just got an invite from joe kucik the pres of real green, they are having a seminar in pittsburgh on 1-10 at a hotel somewhere, would it be illegal there to go and tell him in front of everyone that i know (at least my part) that there whole package is a hoax? would that be illegal to kind of do a pro test in a seminar? i mean i wouldnt go in with a nasty additude just tell them what i think and let them know that im a member that it has not worked out for?

9. kandklandscape

from PA

also if anyone wants to know where the seminar is, let me know i will give you the info, joe kucik is actually the one doing the seminar, bazar that a president would be doing so!

however i was also wondering if anyone has had simillar problems with this company that can contact me.

10. kandklandscape

from PA

has anyone had similar problems with these people?