1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

RealGreen Users some assistance needed

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Lance L, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Lance L

Lance L LawnSite Senior Member

ok so the program was installed at the end of jan, i was gone for a few weeks and ever since i have been back i have not had time to really start getting the parameters set up, i know this is the worst time of the year for this, but i still think even tho it will be hard to set up at this time, it will still save a lot more time than we spend setting it up. i need some help though because im not sure where to start, the tech in my opinion was not as much help as i had hoped because we are not a app company, i am slowly working our way into it, but we are mostly maint at the moment.

so those of you that have a mowing opp, how do you set up your price scales??? i mean there is so much more involved, im not sure where to start!??!? like i cant just put in the 1000sqft of mowing and it spit out a price, it would work if they were all similar residentials but they arent, i have some that the backs are done with ztrs and fronts, 21s, some are bagged some are not, some big ones pay extra to have the whole thing done with 21s etc... is there a way to do this or do i just need to manually enter a price for this service and just pull measurments for other things like fert, aeration, rye, etc...?

please help im pulling my hair out!!!!!

thank you =)
  2. pinto n mwr

pinto n mwr LawnSite Senior Member
    from gr8, mn

not to be the bearer of bad news but Real Green Systems is geared more towards the Fertilizer application end of the business. I suppose it could be set up for mowing but how, have no idea. I know for the fert side it is based on sqft and the mowing side could also be based on sqft. You just have to figure your cost for sqft and adjust accordingly to how fast a yard can be done.
  3. Lance L

Lance L LawnSite Senior Member

ya, i know it is, looking to get into apps pretty heavy, but i have mowings to deal with also