1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Rlclawnguy, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Rlclawnguy

Rlclawnguy LawnSite Member

Is there anyone who is using this program and what do you like most about it? Have you used it to help with marketing?
  2. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

The program is great, epecially if you give an estimate to some one you can trak it follow uo etc. Yes the marketing feature are great. while many on this site look for flyers postcards etc. the software already has them and you can print the names etc. right on them. If you can afford it you wont regret it.
  3. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

How much does this program sell for? I need something for estimates & also for return letters but mostly for invoices.

I have Gopher Pro right now and its just not enough for our growing business. Their are to many flaws in the program to work for us right now. It started out as a great program but now the only + side of gopher is the remitance stubs that you can print out on the bottom of the pages!
  4. Rlclawnguy

Rlclawnguy LawnSite Member

What features do you use to do marketing. I am new to this this year and I know I'm not using it to it's fullest. I was actually thinking to trying to go to one of the seminars, but it costs a bit so I need to make sure its worth it for the boss.
  5. mike ryan

mike ryan LawnSite Member

It is the best software there isbut they also sell prinitng and their pricing is too high. I go through PMP @ 800-545-0792
  6. crownlc

crownlc LawnSite Member

I have used Real Green systems for about two years now. The system is phenomenal. Quite costly, however, I am very pleased with the ROI; and that's how we need to measure everything, isnt it? People are great to work with and very motivated to help you succeed. In terms of price of their printing? Pretty fair. The package is a system. The forms, the software, the mapping, it all works very well together. Highly recommend.
  7. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive noticed everyone who has it walks around the question of price...nobody wants to share their investment cost?:weightlifter:
  8. UpNorth

UpNorth LawnSite Member
    from NE,US

I have had Lawn Assistant since the first version of LA2. I cant remember what I paid for it, it was a while ago. I got the updated LA3 at a discount since i had LA2 already(i'll have to look to see what the update cost me). The program is awesome.

The quarterly fee is the part that bugs me, $180 (might have been raised to $200 recently). I think you can get around it, but you pay by the minute for tech support. Does anyone know about this option?? I might drop it support, since i've only called them once for it, and by the time they called me back I figured out the problem.

Someone mentioned that the forms are expensive, I only use their invoices. And for 500 they are only about $42 bucks. I don't think thats too bad. I do have the statements, but 500 statements has lasted me almost 3 yrs.

Marketing... i really only generate lists for mailings, it's very simple, it automaticaly converts all info into Excel spreadsheets. If you purchase a list for marketing, in an excell format, you can also load that into the program so that the info is there, all you have to do is add the price, program, map code , and make the "marketing" customer, "Always Active"

It really is a good program, but I have only used Lawn Assistant so I really don't have anything to compare it to.
  9. way to grow

way to grow LawnSite Member

It is a fabulous program. Call for a quote. Price is somewhat negotiable. I don't remember exactly what we paid, but it was in the neighborhood of $8000. It seems like a lot but it can easily save you that much in office help alone. Also you will be able to provide a much better service than you have in the past. Hope that helps. Good luck.
  10. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Your looking at about $10k for the program. Oh yeah, thats for a sigle user also. :rolleyes: