Realistic expectations of JD 4115...

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by allstar, Jul 23, 2004.

1. allstar

allstar LawnSite Senior Member

I'm thinking about purchasing this tractor along with several attachments:rotary cutter,box blade,loader and maybe a rake.I believe the tractor has 27 h.p.
    I want to be able to clear heavy brush and grade property for installs.Would this tractor be big enough to handle most jobs that I might encounter?Thanks.
  2. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Jim, do you have the customer base to support that machine? I believe I'd rent for the first few jobs ...
  3. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I would recommend looking at a kubota, before you buy. I am a die hard deere fan, but the new stuff isn't want it used to be. I bought a kubota B7500 and it will run circle around a new deere. A JD 4115 is only 24 hp. What it can handle depends on the jobs. Most compact tractors can handle jobs, but they take a lot longer than what a full size would. But they are great for getting into tight places. I use mine for both large and small jobs. Some times the jobs just take longer.
  4. wizard

wizard LawnSite Member

go a little larger, look at the 4310, 4410 deere, larger frame, hp..all and service will be more reasonable...As for kubota, they are alright, but do as CSRA suggests, rent before you purchase.