Realistic Goals for a 2-man operation

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by llama, Dec 19, 2003.

1. llama

llama LawnSite Member

We are a 2-man operation in our first Full-year in the business. What is the gross sales we should expect staying with a 2-man team with 3 trailers, 2 Scag Tiger Cubs, etc?

What are some realistic numbers of 2-men crews out there?

2. Quality Lawn Care

Quality Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Why do you have tree trailers? Last summer myself and one worker grossed 100k cutting 4 days a week. I have a Lazor 52" and a tracer 48". Next summer I will double that. I think a two man op. is a great way to start.

John

3. llama

llama LawnSite Member

We have the tree trailers for trimming. (LOL, Just kidding.)
    We have 2- 6'x10' Leaf trailers and 1- 6'x14' trailer that is used mainly for cleanups.

We have done about $65000 this year with both of us keeping our fulltime job. We are both wanting to go full-time next year.

Thank you for the Numbers

4. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

Maintenance only, here two man crew could do 80 res. prop 4 days mowingeasily, up to 120 5 days mowing, depending on average size of course but that should bing in $80-120K if you only did maintenance. If you mixed in landscaping I would figure for every 1% in landscaping you could get 3-3.5 times revenue compared to maintenance. So if you did 80% maint. and 20% landscaping 20*3-3.5=$60-70K landscaping+maintenance. This would be a good # based off $30 min yards average $35-40 and take 15-20 min w/ your equip. If I had your equip, I would definitely consider using two trucks for maint, hourly shoots way up when you do this.

5. Little Guy

Little Guy LawnSite Member

No way will 2 men make that much with 35 cuts. No humans anyway.

6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I would have to say that $80K-$120K would be pretty feasable if you were doing more than just cutting grass.

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

100 grand give or take. A lot depends on how tight your route is and basically, how much you charge per prop...

8. Little Guy

Little Guy LawnSite Member

If I had to make that many cuts My butt better be on a NEW machine "EVERY" season.:cool2:

9. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

It is feasable for 2 guys to make over $100k per year. I would have to say more than likely you would have to include all trimming, fert. cleanups also. :cool:

10. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

I am with Paponte if you are full service you could turn that kinda dough.