reality lawn care show

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Sharps_lawn&landscaping, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Sharps_lawn&landscaping

Sharps_lawn&landscaping LawnSite Member
    from TN

I know there isn't one. I always joke with my wife about it because they have every reality show you can think of. Maybe one day "lawn wars" ha

2. CowboysLawnCareDelaware

CowboysLawnCareDelaware LawnSite Senior Member
    from DE

Landscaping is one thing, but mowing lawns is the same basic thing over and over again. There already is a show called "yard Wars", or something like that were the hosts gave two neighbors, two separate LCO's and totally redid there backyards.

-Michael

3. Sharps_lawn&landscaping

Sharps_lawn&landscaping LawnSite Member
    from TN

Yea it would be lame i just though it was funny. They do have shows on the DYI network. Yard crashers and shows like that i use to watch some when i actually had time to watch tv. I haven't seen any in awhile.

4. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know...they made storage wars interesting...same thing with Scrappers.

It'd be interesting to watch it though.

5. camshaft49

camshaft49 LawnSite Member

Yea some are good shows. Axe men and swamp ppl , and duck dynasty the seem to flock to Louisiana looking for the most crazy coonass sob to put on tv all of america thinks everyone from louisiana is like that

6. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

The next step in the TV drama that I'll never watch, may be Toilet Wars... americans want drama,,, you can find drama on the toilet irregularily,,, after a 'cheese and wine' weekend... :)

7. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I think that would be a big hit. It can go back and fourth in many directions. Most everyone can relate to it or has a complaint about their neighbors lawn. lol

8. T Scapes

T Scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

In my honest opinion i really would not want to see a show. For one it might show the industry truthfully for a season or so but as alot of those shows go it turns into making money and entertaining more than just landscapers. There bound to find a couple idiots to center the show around and it would turn out to be not even about landscaping. If you see Stewcare's show they do on youtube i like something like that but the show is made and filmed by landscapers

9. wegomow

wegomow LawnSite Senior Member

"Raising Hope" although not a reality show, the grandfather owns and operates a lawn care / pool cleaning business and he is depicted as a low class, uneducated fool. A gross misrepresentation of our industry. I hate that.
    Sorry to get off topic.

10. leeson86

leeson86 LawnSite Member

People will watch ******* anything on TV. You could do a documentary on how you cut your customer's grass with a ruler and a pair of scissors, one blade at a time.