1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Really.....Come on Guys, Honestly

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PushingupDaisies, Jun 9, 2008.

1. PushingupDaisies

PushingupDaisies LawnSite Member

Look at my sig. You will see the kind of non-commercial equipment I have. Yes, I know laugh all you want. I am a weekend warrior for now, hoping to grow bigger. So I have resi equipment. But it works for now.

So here's the short story:

Keep in mind that I am using a Dadge dakota right now, so I am not using the tank of a horse trailer, just a small 6'x8' trailer.

Anyway, I'm done Saturday afternoon early (new employee is much faster). I'm off to the landfill. Had a couple things going on so I had no time to drop my equipment first. Pay the usual green waste fee and head for the drop off. The guys at the drop off love their job I guess, they are always watching to ensure nothing "non-green" gets dumped. Guy signals me in to where he wants me to back up and stops me. He says "you can drop that other stuff in the dumpster over there before you drop the grass.";) :confused:He was dead serious. I replied "thanks, but believe it or not, thats the tools I use to get all that grass in the back to begin with." I mean come on, no fancy commercial stuff here yet, but really???!!!:dizzy: :laugh:
  2. wheels910

wheels910 LawnSite Member

sounds like you had a "Here's you're sign" moment.
  3. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

Some people are just plain "Stupid"
  4. PushingupDaisies

PushingupDaisies LawnSite Member

It gave me a good laugh. I should have said "I was meaning to just bring all the tools to dump, but this darn grass just hopped in the back of my truck." Hmmmmmm.......Grass whispering....bet there could be some good money in it
  5. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess it is time to step it up.
  6. Allamericanlandscaping

Allamericanlandscaping LawnSite Member

no offense to anyone who works in a waste dump but those guys couldn't tell an 07 scag from a 1960 push mower.
  7. I could care less what you have, if your happy with it thats all that matters.
  8. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

:usflag: That's how I see it - if it does the job - more power to you.

lol That's a funny story, though.