Really cool tip you "Lawnsite Addicts" should know!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Vibe Ray, Mar 17, 2001.

1. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

Some of you may know about this and some may not. I just figured this out recently. This trick works for any webpage, but handy for those long threads here at Lawnsite so they can be read offline:

Just load a thread page, then click File (top left) and click "Save as" and then save it to your "desktop". You should be able to click save as soon as the window poops up after clicking "Save as", because the default location to save a webpage is "desktop" As you save more and more, you will have to name them something different from each other. Then when you wish just, double click the new window to read it offline (it'll be a white page w/ an Internet Explorer "e". For practice you could even do it to this thread......hope this helps, it sure has helped me!

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

You can also start a new folder in your favorites for Lawnsite threads that you are interested in. You can rename them so you know what they are. Just another hint. ;)

3. Vibe Ray

I knew about that, but those "favorites" aren't viewable offline, yet still a good tip for those that don't know.

Isn't there a way to make a "favorite" viewable offline, though? I couldn't get it to work.

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

After you mark your favorite pages for viewing offline, you can view them offline by using the following procedure.

Before you disconnect from the Internet, click the Tools menu, and then click Synchronize.
    When you're ready to work offline, click the File menu, and then click Work Offline.
    In your Favorites list, click the item you want to view.

Note:

When you choose to work offline, Internet Explorer will always start in Offline mode until you click Work Offline again to clear the check mark.

5. Vibe Ray

COOL!!! I'll try it out!

6. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Just get cable modem and be online 24-7-365 =). You can get all the LS you want.