1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Really dumb ???

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by LawnGuy73, Apr 25, 2003.

1. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

This seems like a really dumb question, but how do you know when you have a break in a line..I dont do irr. but i have a customer that want me fix this and we could use the extra money. I thought itwas just the head but its not, theres water getting to it but the head does'nt come up, i tried replacing the head and nothing......any thoughts?
  2. have you look for wash outs or sink holes??? some other thoughts, on a warm day, turn the system on and walk to different heads and look for bubbling water. Could be a broken nipple ect.. that is causing your loss of pressure. Is the valve\pump working properly??

This is something to get you started
  3. Arnold

Arnold LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

What type of head is it? I have never had this problem, my breaks always make a big mess with lots of water bubbleing out of the ground.
  4. turfman59

turfman59 LawnSite Senior Member

If you have to ask that question, you shouldnt be trying to fix it.
    If your in the lawn care Biz, in your spare time study this industry closely it is not even remotely close to the lawn care Biz. in the winter months take some classes, if you want to do the client a favor give him the number of a reputable contractor. Iam sure he will do the same for you, after he fixes it maybe you can follow up with the repair, or just show up when he is doing it and act concerned and interested, you will really learn trouble shooting while observing a expierenced tech. Bruce