Really glad there is a forum for us

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Florida Gardener, Jan 28, 2011.

1. starry night

starry night LawnSite Silver Member

That guy.:laugh:
    It reminds me about this episode and I swear it is true. My son and daughter were helping me one summer day. We saw a guy about 60-years-old who was working in his yard. I kid you not....he was wearing a straw hat, white collared short sleeve shirt, white shorts, black knee high socks, and brown oxford shoes.
    I told my kids, "If I ever dress like that, just ship me to "the home."

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

The "home" where you'll wax on about the good old days.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Most likely one of the snowbirds from your area that had picked up some fashion tips when he was down here.

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

No need for all the above. If you are over 40 just tell the 16 yr old kid in the ticket booth you are a senior. To them a 40 year old is over the hill and they won't think twice about selling a senior discount ticket.

As for some of wardrobe items I see seniors here in Florida wearing. Well just shoot me if I ever wear any crap like that.

5. Landscape Poet

Come on Ric, you know that when you are not out working you are sporting tommy bahama shirts, khaki shorts, and white tennis shows with velcro and black knee high socks.

Except when you get dressed up in your Sunday best[​IMG]

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Michael

Let Gregory or Fl Landscape tell you I am 135 pound and 5'5" tall with a 29 inch waist line. I also have black hair with some Salt. I walk up right with a quick step and most people guess me in my 50's. I never have worn Glasses and my last eye exam the doctor (BTW a Customer) told me make the next appointment in two years. I credit myself as having excellent DNA. Oh and I take no meds other than an occasional aspirin. You should be so lucky.

Now I will admit this time last year I was dating a 29 year old who wore me out and I had to break if off. Tubing down the river in the morning, BBQ in the afternoon with Keg and then the after party when the Bars closed was Too much for me. I could hang for a day or so but not all week long.

Yo In Edit let me add.

The other day before going to my old Nursery Fl landscape and I were in Wally World. On the way out we ran into a bar owner who was super friendly. In fact he was so friendly I had to ask (in front of FL) if I was still Barred from his place for throwing some smart azz over his bar last year at age 69. All is forgiven and he agreed the guy deserved what he got.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  7. Landscape Poet

That is good to hear ric. Must be the fountain of youth down here. I have ran into several guys in the green industry down here that are much younger looking that they appear to be. I talked to a guy this summer on the way out of neighborhood who was doing the common areas about his mower. After talking for awhile he told me he was 74!!! I about fell over because I would not put this guy a day over 55. Not what you typically think guys who are in the sun all day look like.

8. Cboy7

Cboy7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Fl

I also feel super special that we get our own forums.yeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowww