Really Need help with a bid guys.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stuffdeer, Mar 28, 2007.

1. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys,

Whats up? Today I got a call for a quote for lawn Service for DTR America. I was thinking ok, a small commercial, no big deal. I get there and my jaw drops.

I really need help on quoting this, as I've never quoted something like this before.

The white line is .15 of a mile.

What would your quote be.
    2 person crew.
    [​IMG]

2. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Since you did not outline the property it is hard to tell, but I am guessing it is approx 6 acres? I do not see any curbs except maybe where the 2 cars are parked in the lower right hand corner - Looks very straight forward. Around here $160 may or may not get it if it is 6 acre property.

3. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Whats the scope of work? just weekly mowing, trimming, blowing?

4. stuffdeer

You got it

5. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I'd say around $250 a service. I don't do any that large but thats my guess.

6. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

I would go with $240 a week.
    $40 per acre since it is around 6 acres.
    Good Luck

7. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I dunno...that is a BIG account. If you think your equipment...and YOU...can handle it, go for it. On this it would be much better to bid kinda high vs. lowball it. Also, you got workers comp on your help? What about liability ins.? And I am sure they want fert/weed control. You licensed, or have someone to sub that out to? I am sure big places like that worry about all those little things like that.

8. stuffdeer

First, My dad will be helping me.

And, I would sub out the fert/weed if they wanted it. You have to be 18 in Michigan to take the test I'm pretty sure.

I know I could handle it, and if I got it, I'd buy the Toro Proline 52" WB I'm looking at.

9. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

You need to get a wheel on that job or measure it some how. It may be one of those jobs where is it easier to go to the tax office ( often online ) get a statment of how big the lot is and how big the building is then just measure the parking lots. You know you have to run a line trimmer around the lots and you can substract the sf of the lots too.

so then you know the turf area, the LF of trimming and then count the trees etc.

10. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

If I were you id go with another rider over a walk behind. Something that size id want to use 2 riders on. Around here id bid about $300 for 3 guys to complete. 2-2.5 hours.

Cheers
    Jeff