1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Really need thhis complex account

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rsibill, Mar 23, 2008.

1. rsibill

rsibill LawnSite Member

THANK YOU - good points. I am covered for cleaning up dog ----, and other items prior to cut.

I am really hurting for accounts, I need to keep my guys busy until I build up again, I am planning on coming in very low on my prices - just to cover expenses, and hope that other services will make me the $. This would be my first complex - I need the commercial experience & references.

The owner is elderly and said - "I don't pay much - but I promise you will get paid fast" --- Am I totally out of my mind for just looking to to break even?
    Maybe as low as $25 per man per hour.

Thank You,
    Be safe.
  2. freshcut419

freshcut419 LawnSite Member

Id say get rid of your guys and do it yourself
  3. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

whats the point of mowing to break even? You can stay at home and break even.
  4. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

you only break even if there are know problems.with if by mistake they brake a water line.not even anymore.there is no room for error & i don't like working like that.my.2
  5. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

Never !!!!!!!
  6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I am not sure why you are on lawnsite asking this type of question. It should be obvious that if you need work for your workers then you need to get these jobs. I understand completely ...workers don't stay around unless they get 40 hrs.
  7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey Freshcut,

Why are you using Eric Elms picture in your avatar? www.elmlawnsite.com