Really who's faster?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by IBGreen, Jan 28, 2003.

1. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

Well guys hope this post doesn't open up a can of worms. I was wanting to know which mower has the fastest MOWING speed. Hustler or a DC?

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Define "mowing speed"

3. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Good question bob..... How fast the next guy might mow can be quite different no matter the ground speed of any particular mower.

4. IBGreen

Well bob, the fastest speed you can cut at and still do a quality job with is what I was reffering to as mowing speed. As opposed to ground speed which is how fast will the thing will go.

5. IBGreen

Nevermind, I guess everone elses' mowers cut perfectly in tall grass at 15m.p.h.

6. Mid Rivers

Mid Rivers LawnSite Member

Can't answer the question exactly, but. My Exmark Lazer says 9mph top speed. I cut at full speed very often and it cuts great.

With a question like this you are going to get personal views not hard facts. Test each and tell us what YOU come up with. Better yet, buy one of each and the one you don't like sell to me for a substantial loss.

7. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

I don't know what type of ground most people on this site mow, but most of my mowing is rough enough that anything over 8 mph to 10 mph is about all one can do and still stay on the machine - Kind of like a bucking horse after that

8. IBGreen

Exactly! Thanks flex, that is MOWING SPEED on average am I right?

9. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Myne is s l o w. Really slow

10. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

On a good big yard with thick zoysia I would say I cut at about 6mph. These are nice houses with thick yards.