Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by caz1, Nov 23, 2004.

1. caz1

caz1 LawnSite Member

has anyone tried the realstate thing this is what i'm thinking going to realstate companys and seeing if they need some one to mow or remove snow from houses that the owners have moved and need someone to take of it while it is for sale it would be like the realstate company is proveding the service but i would be doing it what do you guys think :waving:
  2. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

It sucks. My mom is a realtor and i put an ad in a real estate mag, got tons of calls and did tons of work but getting money from them is like getting blood from a stone.

A better route is property management company. They usually take care of houses and small APT complexes. Get them on a contract and you will make tons of money.
  3. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I mow a Real Estate Office and the manager is a long time friend. He has called on me several times to "spruce" up properties that are going on the market or that has been sold. The jobs usually suck because nothing has been done for a long time and the seller is looking for everyting for next to nothing price wise. You will also find that most jobs are way out of your area. I would not recomend selling your self to this market.

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I work for a real estate and they always throw propertys at me that need to be mowed. Either they are selling, closing, or just received the property, they give me lots of work to fill in the cracks.
  5. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

There was post about this same thing not all that long ago. One guy summed it up great. He said that all he got from realtors were properties they wouldn't bother to mow themselves because it was too much trouble. I have known several realtors and they all do the same, fix it themselves if they can cheaply and quickly to get it to sell or let someone else's equipment take the beating.
  6. bettergrass

bettergrass LawnSite Member

one of the major realitors in my area also buys alot of the houses that go on the market himself and then uses them as rental properties. a fellow lco in cincy i know has all 40 of them. all residential but they contract them out as if they are commercials. you just bid on each house and add it up. also its one guy to get the payment from. so if you can find a guy like this it would be good.