Realtime Landscape Pro - Ideaspectrum

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by hblanddesign27, Jan 24, 2010.

1. hblanddesign27

hblanddesign27 LawnSite Member

Hey guys,
    Anyone had any extended experience with this program. I am a small time landscaper who would like to get my small scale ideas across to my clients. For me, the lower cost is worth a less powerful program. Has anyone worked with this program and would like to put a little review forth? :clapping:
  2. electronics2667

electronics2667 LawnSite Member

I am not putting down Realtime Landscaping Pro. But i am a small landscaping & Lawn Company also, but i found out Pro Landcsape is better, but it is a little pricey though, but well worth the price.
  3. hblanddesign27

Cool, thank you for the feedback.

Have you used both Realtime and Pro Landscaper? I actually was thinking of buying the realtime landscape architect, not pro, which I think is what you probably assumed I was refering to anyways. If you have used both, or have heard from others who have, what are some differences?
  4. electronics2667

yes i have use both & Pro Landscape is still my favorite
  5. hblanddesign27

are there any features or options that are not available with Realtime, or is it overall quality of images?
  6. electronics2667

when you buy the last version they will send you a update on the next version, or that is the way they done me. i bought mine in Dec. of 07 & got the update in Feb. of the next year. It has alot of several diff. things such as retaining walls, bar-g grills,10,000 to 15,000 different plants & alot of other different things. Like i said before it is worth the money. I paid for my in my first project. I tis easey to use also you don't need any cad software to go with it. I think you will be happy with it i am.
  7. rexxxy

rexxxy LawnSite Member

what brand of hardscape material do is use..unilock?
  8. jlouki01

jlouki01 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm sorry but you can't beat the price of Realtime Landscape Architect at 250 for the best version compared to 1400 for Pro Landscape it's a no brainer. We bought Realtime this year instead of continuing hand drawings. The 3d couldn't be any simpler.

The best part is they give you a REAL trial package to work with. Not a video of someone else doing it.. I needed to see if I was smart enough to work the dag on thing.

I put this together for a guy here on the board tonight. Didn't take long at all and if you can't sell jobs off this something is wrong.

Pro will only do 3d. You need architect to 2d.. Sounds backwards but it is what it is..

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  9. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

That image doesn't look bad, but as you said, it's a simple program. Pro Landscape is a much more detailed and advanced program including CAD for drafting, true 3D flyover for both CAD and imaging and even includes a proposal generator.

Any time you can use an image to assist a client in understanding the intention of your design, it's definitely a good thing, as long as it's a well planned, sustainable design. Whether hand drawing or using CAD as a digital pencil, your plan should be more a source of information and instruction rather than lone presentation tool.

10. jlouki01

jlouki01 LawnSite Senior Member

It also has cad and most of the stuff Pro Landscape has. That's what makes this software so ridiculous for the money!