1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Realtime landscaping pro ?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Schrock Lawns, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Any one use it? Opinions might get it and want opinions
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I purchased version 3 several years ago and its a decent program for the money. I you have a laptop computer you can import a photo of the house you need to landscape and design it and in the materials list you can put in prices of materials your going to use and it will total it all up for your customer. You will need to bring your laptop to your customers house to show them the design since you will not be able to print off a design and plans. You can however print off a picture of the landscaped house but it will only print one view (front). If you are just starting out this is a very good program and better than those costing much more but it has its limitations. The 3D walk through will help you sell the landscape job to the customer showing them a multiple angles and views of the landscape you designed for them. If you can afford the price Realtime Landscape Architect is the program you will want since it can print detailed plans of the landscape you designed to show the customer and to work off of. I hope this helps.
  3. Ticolawnllc

Ticolawnllc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wall NJ

4. Cody S

Cody S LawnSite Senior Member

Get Realtime Landscape Architect. It's what I have and it got me two bed installs last year and that more than paid for the program. It's a great program when you are just starting out in my opinion.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

I used the pro upto mid season last year. I found it closed many more sales than hand drawings, it is also extremely user friendly with a very easy learning curve for the user. I switched to Architect only because we are doing more and more commercial work.