Realtor giving lawn tips

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOW ED, Aug 26, 2003.

1. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I got a postcard in the mail the other day from a realtor. She feels that a little curb appeal tips will help sell the home. I like the added tip of cutting an attractive square pattern. Nice. I know I am generalizing but many realtors here are the scum of the earth. They are the used car salesmans best friend. I don't appreciate her giving lawn care tips. Mayby I should give real estate tips on my flyers.

If you want to sell your home do it yourself. Save at least 7% commission which could cost you thousands. Who knows your home better than you?

For a quicker sale have an open house and make sure you have a professional lawn and landscape contractor assess your property before you do anything. First impressions are important.

Just venting. I don't really care for realtors. I know there are good ones but I am still looking for one.

Sorry for being blurry, I took a digital pic because I was tired of jacking around with my scanner.

rrr.jpg

2. Envision

Envision LawnSite Member

Keep searching for that 'good' Realtor as they speak to a lot of new people that may be soon inhabiting your city. A lot of peole trust their Realtor and once they are in a new city, what they say speak volumes so maybe they could slip your name into the mix. Your name would be first on the list to be called if they were interested in such services.

3. galagers

galagers LawnSite Member

I must agree with envision, I started taking care of a realtors yard, which I did not know he was a realtor at the time, and through the contact and good job I do for him I have received 3 other jobs. I must admit that I also know a snake realtor that we tried to have sell a house for us. He was unable to get any offers or prospective buyers after we fired him and listed it ourselves we found a buyer in 2 wks. IMO that good work and networking can help business.

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

The lawn cutting tip from the realtor to sellers is good advice.
    Curb appeal is Very important.We do work for a realtor,but she is well established and proffessional.
    some realtors are like used car salesman,but many are not,just need to weed them out.

5. double e

double e LawnSite Member

I think the card was a great idea- they took a differnt approach

We do soooo much work for realitors
    They don't even ask for bids- just do it and bill em
    The ones I work for (about 14), are very professional

6. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

see if they will put your name and # on there ans a pic of a lawn you service

7. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

I deal with one realator that gets me jobs all the time and hes great. I do get paid differntly by him all the time but its no problem. All I'm saying is don't knock realators they're not all bad like you said. Also, if you think your saving 7% commision by selling your house yourself your wrong because most of the time when you sell your house yourself your under pricing it. Realators help you negotiate prices and help you determine what you can get for your house. It's almost like saying do your taxes yourself you dont need an accountant and save yourself that money when really he saves you money. But maybe im wrong. just my 2 cents.

8. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I didn't say all realtors are bad. I have worked for a few but for the most part they could care less about our industry. Yes they can be good contacts for potential business and it seem that some of you actually have good luck with them. I say that is great. You do what you need to do to get work and that is your business.
    I did sell my house by myself with a 300.00 payment to a lawyer who looked over all the paperwork. My house sold for 10,000 over market at the time. Just like in lawn care, you have to know what you are doing. I wouldn't use a realtor to buy ever again. That is me, your situation is different.
    Yes I use an accountant. Money well spent. You know what else, he doesn't offer me lawn care tips.

9. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

It's their job, everyone on the planet over the age of 12 will give you lawns tips. You want to offer real estate tips on your ads, go ahead, it's your right.

10. Tim Canavan

Tim Canavan LawnSite Member
    from Houston

I do alot of work for realtors. Some want it done cheap because they are the one's paying for it. Some don't care because it gets paid for at the closing.
    What's the first thing a potential buyer sees? What's the last thing they see? The front yard. If you have the yard looking nice, you might get someone in that house that wouldn't even consider that floor plan just because of the "curb appeal". It also shows that the seller has kept up with the outside, they must keep up with the inside.
    It wouldn't be a bad idea to get in good with some local realtors.