Realtors' advertisement

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by glenjr10, Mar 17, 2003.

1. glenjr10

glenjr10 LawnSite Member

My neighbor is the owner of a realty company in Lafayette, LA, and was asking me to join a program that they offer, in which they put my business card, in monthly mailing, give it to all of their Realtors, and in packets that are given to customers who close on houses.

I was wondering if anybody has tried this solution, which i know that people have tried to call realtor's before, (and have been unhappy in their repayment), but from what i heard, it would be more of them doing extra marketing for me beyond what i will be doing.

the lady said that they close about 120 properties a month, and also have property management staff on the firm

Glen O Raggio, Jr.
    R & R Yard Service
  2. glenjr10

glenjr10 LawnSite Member

bringing it back to the top
  3. Spence

Spence LawnSite Member

How much will it cost you? I have heard of similar things like this but I have also been a little hesitant about trying it. Didn't know what the results would be like. It was also going to cost me.
  4. glenjr10

glenjr10 LawnSite Member

the cost is $250 for a one year contract. the advertisement will also be placed in the a weekly newspaper twice times a year.
  5. TotalCareSolutions

TotalCareSolutions LawnSite Senior Member

sounds like a no brainer....

you can also pay an online service for that kind of information, im not sure which is more cost effective, but cant hurt to check it out.
  6. Spence

Spence LawnSite Member

Sounds to me like a pretty good deal. I'm sure it will pay for itself and then some.
  7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Does your neighbor want your left or right n#t? I have also heard of a deal where they sell your soul to the devil himself!:angry:

I am thinking that you are pretty good friends with this realtor because every single one of them, bar none, is not interested in anything other than filling their pocket.

To quit being a smart *****, my question is;

What I am curious about is what does she want in return besides the 250.00?

If she is genuinely interested in a no strings attatched type of deal then you are one lucky guy. If that is the case then I would go for it because I spend about fifty cents per letter to direct mail to the same target group. I do it in the spring. It is a good market but you have to make sure that they aren't wasting your money on condo's, apartments.
    I'm just hoping that she isn't waiting to put the arm on you when they need a 2 acre overgrown lot cut down with a days notice, or a surprise call to "help her out because we have an open house tomorrow and it really should be cut".

I market to the new home owner after the sale by finding out who bought in my target area from a friend who has access to a computerized database.
    The realtors here have called me to fix a property up from time to time but no solid leads developed afterwards. I'd say give it a try for a year, even if you develop 2 or 3 customers you can make your money back. Good Luck.