Realty Companies

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grasssin, Nov 19, 2003.

1. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

I started a lawn bus last summer and have had a great response to my work. The question I have is this: I am going to be bidding jobs from the local realty companies coming in January(this being a college town there are many) of their properties.

I have never given a year bid before and was hopeing to get some key info from yall. All it is required is mowing, edging, and trimming probably every week or every 10 days.

I dont want to go in to talk to property managers totally unprepared.

on a side note this site is awesome, I have gained much knowledge from reading the ongoing posts from every one.

thanks for your time

2. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

Figure out what each service is worth. MUltiply that by how many times you are going to perform each service and then divide that number by how many installments you want to put them on (here I do 9 installments Mar-Nov) Or you can figure out how many hours you will spend there in the over the season and multiply by your hourly rate and divide by # of installments. Good Luck.

3. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

The thing to focus on with the realy types is a tight contract.

Your contract really needs to include a late payment penalty. A legally-binding, substantial late penalty. The kind that they impose on tenants when rent is late.

You really need to have a ridiculously high (at least 18% annual) interest rate on balances over 30 days old, plus a nasty late fee.

In my experience, 9 out of 10 real-estate toad will try to draw interest on your money.

:bday:

4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -