Rear Bagger XR-7 deck compatability?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Shady Brook, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Will the triple bagger be the same for the old style 2005 decks be the same as the bagger for the XR-7 with the exception of the bracket that mounts to the deck? Ideally I would like to have a bagger that would fit both my 2004 with opened up deck, and my XR-7. Any idea how much the cost would be to have the parts to make a XR-7 triple bagger also fit and function on the Old style deck?

Is the bagger a direct bolt up project that one man can do easily, or is it something that will require drilling and a couple of guys to install a tripple bagger?

Is the new vertical style just as functional as the old horizontal spindle mount, or is it more prone to clogging?

Any comments on this bagger would be great.

Thanks

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

We have never made a triple bagger, you must be talking about the Humboldt system, which used to use our blower.
    We make a adapter kit to make that blower fit the new XR-7, for a 60" deck it is part # 353201 and MSRP is $158.00

The rear brackets have not changed.

There is no drilling on the installation of our bagger.

We do not make a triple bagger for a XR-7, so making it fit a older deck isn't even a option.
    Where are you seeing this new bagger and blower? we do not offer one.

Pj

3. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

PJ

Sorry for the confusion. The bagger I was refering to is the Humboldt which was the only triple bagger that fit a Hustler to my knowledge. I know that you made a change in the blower assembly where it was a verticle design, not a horizonal. My dealer ordered some of these baggers, and claimed they were for the XR-7 deck. The price I was quoted was right at $2100. I just wanted to know if I bought this kit, how much more would I have to spend in order for it also to mount to my exisiting 2004 Super Z with enlarged discharge opening. I am not sure if my dealer is confused, or if they are packageing the new assembly for the XR-7 with the bagger kit, or if there is some incorrect information. Does this make sense? I am a bit confused now.

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

We have made no changes in the blower design that I am aware of, just in the way it adapts to the deck and of course the chute assembly on the blower to get the grass in it.
    Here is a picture of a Super Z with a Bac-Vac on it with the current blower.
    [​IMG]

I am told the Humboldt bagger has changed, but we do not use them and they are there own company, maybe your dealer was talking about them?