Rear bumper for my F250

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by PAPlow, Jan 30, 2001.

1. PAPlow

PAPlow LawnSite Member

Looking to replace my rear bumper on my 97 F250. I have the old body style Ford. Anyone know where I may get one to replace it?
  2. Skolnick's Landscaping

Skolnick's Landscaping LawnSite Member

PaPlow I would try a junk yard or look in the truck trader for a 97 ford F250 hit in the front end and they will part the truck out to you and you can say you only want the bumper because I did this last week looking for a new bed for a 90 F250 and thats where i found it really cheap too.
  3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

You can buy a dedecnt one from ,they have thrm,but stay away from the cheap taiwan import bumpers,they rust thru in a few years and are about 1/2 as thick as the factory bumper.
  4. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Rick, why do you want to replace the rear bumper?
  5. PAPlow

PAPlow LawnSite Member

Thanks guys for your help!

The reason I need to replace the rear bumper is because during one of the recent snow storms plowing I backed into a lightpole concrete base. Solid ****...let me tell you. Well, I hit the right rear back bumper area. It also put a nice gash in the rear quarter panel...Which sucks big time.
    :( Now I have to get body work done also.

What can you do!
  6. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

That sucks! Didnt we discuss at the luncheon how the same exact thing happend to mike hughes? In the same exact part of the truck!
  7. PAPlow

PAPlow LawnSite Member

Actually I had the accident before than. I happened during the snow we had mid January. :(
  8. wyldman

wyldman LawnSite Member

Sorry to hear about your luck with the bumper.

If you want to prevent it from happening again,build a ballast bumper (to go on behind the stock bumper) for protection.We have them on all our trucks.Just a piece of 4x4 steel tube filled with concrete and the ends welded shut.Add a 2x2 tube to mount it into your trailer hitch reciever.We also weld on 2 vertical tubes at each end to protect the tailights and give you a visual reference of where the back of the truck is.I tell ya,it has saved me big time on a few occasions.It will also act as ballast and help pull some weight off the front axle.Or you could make another bumper out of an old I-beam ,and just run it in the winter.

[Edited by wyldman on 02-16-2001 at 10:36 AM]