Rear Discharge Hustler

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Mark Markulics, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Mark Markulics

Mark Markulics LawnSite Member

Anybody have one of the new Huster Super Z's with the rear discharge deck? I was considering buying but am hestitant since these are relatively new. I have cemeteries and the rear discharge would keep the headstones a bit cleaner especially when the grass is wet. I know Ferris also has a rear discharge if anybody has any experience let me know.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

We have been building rear discharge decks for over 25 years.
    That being said, we have the experience, and the rear discharge mid mount z's we offer have been out for about a year now.
    We are the only mfg to have a rear discharge deck on a air cooled zero turn (25hp Kawasaki and 27hp Kohler), we also offer them in 60 or 72 inch and on our Diesel Super Z also.
    Another item to consider is our right side blade is counter rotating for a better cut and better rear dispersal of clippings.
    The front wall of the deck is also adjustable for different cutting conditions.
    As you can see in one of the pictures below.

Pj
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. jdhardin

jdhardin LawnSite Member

Is there a rear discharge kit available for older Z's? I have a 2000 model and would love to convert it.

Thanks,
    Jay

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

No there is not.
    the RD deck will not fit on the frame of a std Z or Super Z, we had to change the frame design to accommodate the RD deck.
    Talk to your dealer about trading in your old unit on a new RD unit, you will not be sorry you did it, it is a great deck.

Pj