Rear Free-Flow Triangle Fix for Northern Grass

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by erervin, Apr 16, 2008.

1. erervin

erervin LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

I purchased a new Super Z 2566 last November and I've mowed twice with it so far. Yesterday I thought I'd test the speed a bit, probably mowing around 7-8 mph. I noticed that I had a straggler here and there between the left and middle blades. If I slowed down, to around my normal 5 mph the cut was perfect. After reading several posts, I found one that discussed this issue the Hustler's fix for this.

This first picture shows a picture of how my deck is currently configured. Supposedly there is a fix for this as picture 2 and 3 shows. Basically rear free-flow triangles bolted into place. My questions are:

1.) What is the part number for this fix?
    2.) Does it correct the issue?

I am very pleased with the Super Z. It's cut my mowing from 7 hours to 2 hours and 45 minutes and even with a straggler here and there, it's still the best cut I've ever experienced. Just looking for a proven solution to the straggler issue in northern grasses. Thanks!

Tri-Issue.jpg

Tri-Fix.jpg

Tri-Fix1.jpg

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Your deck can have the triangles put in easily and this will take care of that stragler on the left side between the 2 blades.
    The kit is part # 107896, it will need 2.
    Your dealer can easily take care of this, have you talked to them about it yet?

Pj

3. erervin

erervin LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

Thanks! I talked to my dealer on Monday and he was unaware of the issue but was looking into it. I just thought I'd get the part number and give him a call back.

What is the front baffle? Is this needed and what does it do?

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The front baffle is a air lift kit, this helps lift lazy grasses that are thin.