Rear or Pull Plows

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by Stephen, Jan 6, 2000.

1. Stephen

Stephen LawnSite Member

anyone have any info on using a rear or pull plow that hooks in your reciever hitch? how do they work and in what situations do they work best in?<p>----------<br>Stephen<br>

2. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

We've built our own rear plows since the '70's. Only truck without one is our big salt truck. My new one I built this year folds out to 14' 4&quot;.

3. Stephen

Stephen LawnSite Member

lazer- how do they work? in what type of area do they work best and are they hydraulically controlled or electric?<p>----------<br>Stephen<br>

4. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I think a rear plow can be used in all types of snow removal. I own two pull plows, the first i bought last year and it is a daniels, the second i built this year. The one i built is strong enough to move rock sand and grave, that was how i tested it. I don't even opperate it and my drive that does opperate it loves it. Anyways the one i built lifts up higher than a daniels, which is important in deep snow. If the pull plow doesn't pick up high enough it will push snow back into the area being cleared. I also would add clearence lights on your pull plows no mater which one you have, my drivers say it makes it much easy in the night time hours with these lights. These lights will help during plowing, and during transport down the road.<p><br>This week we used our pull plows on parking lots because we didn't do residential accounts. The pull plows help in parking lots, only i got them orginaly for residential accounts. I will build two more pull plows next year, and that way any truck doing a driveway will have them. <p>Geoff<br>

5. Stephen

Stephen LawnSite Member

can someone send out some plans for the pull plows they are building email me at PPPTriplepPPP@aol.com<p>----------<br>Stephen<br>

6. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

All our trucks have them, but they're more critical for driveways. In all commercial work, they do benfit as well. Pulling out loading docks, dragging snow, pulling out parking slots at apartments, plowing condo garage doors, etc.<p>All our trucks are equipped with fan belt clutch-Pump hydraulics and a electric controlled hydraulic manifold valve system that provides oil to front and rear plows.

7. GeoffDiamond

from Maine

ya gota tell me what ya want and i will help ya. I have no plans, and each plow will very with each truck it goes on. Also what type of truck is it going on, does the truck have a trailer hitch?<p>Geoff

8. GeoffDiamond

from Maine

On my plow the rear plow and front plows have their own hydrolic pumps. Only because all of my plows are newer 95 or newer. And all electic, anyways i have electic controlls in the cab, and like i said clearence lights will make a big difference.<p>Geoff

9. Stephen

Stephen LawnSite Member

Geoff - my truck is a 2000 chevy 3/4 ton with 8 1/2 ft v-plow also have 86 chevy 1-ton dump with plow. how do u set up pull plow for these?<p>----------<br>Stephen<br>

10. Stephen

Stephen LawnSite Member

Geoff - all trucks with hitches - sorry forgot to add this many thanks for the info <p>----------<br>Stephen<br>