Rear or side bag for Lawnboy?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Upstate Mike, Apr 23, 2002.

1. Upstate Mike

Upstate Mike LawnSite Member

Which one works better on the Lawnboy 2 cycle mowers the rear bag or the side bag? Its a Silver series with the 6.5 2 cycle.

Mike C
  2. AndyL

AndyL LawnSite Member

Personal preference really...

With the right user either is effective...

Personally I find that the side bag gets in the way constantly.

On the other hand, especially doing cleanups, the rear baggers chute plugs relatively easily. Although possibly just optical illusion, the rear bagger seems to be bigger... (And easier to dump)

Did you buy one of those kee 26s?

3. Upstate Mike

No,I didnt buy one yet.I need to get some more customers to justify the cost.I got a late start with advertising and I just dont have enough money coming in to justify buying one yet.
  4. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

I prefer the side bag. Although the rear bag is larger, I find that it often gets clogged easie because the airway is smaller. I've always used side bag LawnBoys and never seen to many LCO's with rear bags. All have side bags.
  5. TFL

TFL LawnSite Member

i'd go with the rear because the side won't fit in some tight areas.
  6. Upstate Mike

Thanks for all the responses.I just bought one from for 59.00.They match anybody's prices and beat it by 10% and they payed the shipping.Cant beat that
  7. proline32

proline32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 98383

On my previous lawnboy I always had a plugging problem with the rear bagger, the opening is just not large enough for damp grasses.
  8. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

Definitely go with the rear bag. It hangs quickly and comes open very quickly to make dumping real easy. I keep mine in the truck all the time because it's so easy to use.