rear tires lesco hydro walk-behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dlomb72, Mar 2, 2003.

1. dlomb72

dlomb72 LawnSite Member

I have a new lesco walkbehind and it seems like the rear tires are a little narrow and tend to slip A LOT on damp and even dry turf. the size of the tires are 16 x 6.50-8. Is it possible to replace these tires and wheels with a wider tire in order to encourage better traction. Not sure if this is out of the ordinary and I am looking for any input. thanks.

2. Tony Clifton

Tony Clifton LawnSite Senior Member

Just so you know you are not alone I have the same problem, just never thought to ask for any input on here. Mine is especially bad with the sulky on when making the sharp turns necessary to stripe a lawn. I started having the guys make a 3 point turn but that kills our production times. Hopefully we will find a solution.

3. snowbound

snowbound LawnSite Member
    from Buffalo

Ask your lesco rep to order you two rear tires and rims they will come as a kit. lesco item # 700229. The nice part is you can use these wide tires in the spring and fall and the narrow ones during the summer. PS these are only going to work on the 52" units without battery box modifications. The tire size will be an 18x8.5x8
    Hope this helps you out