Reason for TRUCKS

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by GardenofWeeden, Oct 17, 2004.

1. GardenofWeeden

GardenofWeeden LawnSite Member

Just a Sunday Funny.... :drinkup:

Attached Files:

Acute Cut likes this.
  2. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep, an empty box is funny.:D

Try posting it as a .jpg rather than a bitmap if that's how it is... I see nothing and I'm using Netscape.

Dan

3. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

I see it just fine...

4. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

I had to open IE to view it. It's a bitmap, which doesn't show up for those of us who use Netscape. Not to mention bitmaps take longer to download....

There's a story behind that picture, it's been floating around the 'net for a while. I believe the story I saw with it said they had 8 bags of concrete in the back too.:)

Dan

5. blafleur

blafleur LawnSite Member

I'm kinda curious what company loaded that.

The scary thing is those same type of idiots do drive heavy duty trucks. I saw a picture, I think on one of the diesel truck forums, of a guy(landscaper) with about a 30' gooseneck flatbed behind a Ford 1 ton diesel single rear wheel, parked facing uphill. He loaded 58000 pounds worth of sod stripped off of a yard on the trailer. When he tried to take off it would'nt budge so after enough acceleration the rear lugs sheared off. Luckily he put enough weight that it would'nt budge, a little less and he would have got going and out on the road.

Bryan

Acute Cut likes this.
  6. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

geesh, I thought I overloaded my stuff!

7. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

hey guys i saw that pic about 3 years ago when i worked at home depot. it was being sent around through all of the stores........i dont remember the exact listing of materials that were on the car but it has some osb on the top, 2x4x8 a couple of sheets of plywood some wafer board and something like 8 to 10 bags of concrete in the back ( as mentioned ablove) the car was found somewhere in w.v and had n.h plates if i rmeber corectly... the shocks were pushed up through the floor boards in the back.( where he was found was a couple hundred miles from his home) the guys wife was asleep in thefront seat, the car running , and the owner was found joggin through the shopping center has stopped at. the car was loaded at a home depot store and twine was used to secure everything loaded. the "lot attendent" rufused to load the car so the assistant manager and two other people loaded it and had him( the owner) sign a damage waiver. needless toisay when this all went around throught the store ended up the assist. mgr and two other guys ended up loosing their jobs over it due to the potential risk envolved if something server had hapened. back then it used to be a huge up roar that something like this took place and they (HD ) actually used this photo in some of the trainig calssses we had to go through.

8. GardenofWeeden

GardenofWeeden LawnSite Member

I can't say I knew the history of that photo. I wondered if it was a retail store, who took the picture then. Amazing the gas tank didn't scrape away and kill the occupants. Either way...stupid is as stupid does. The rent trucks for this sort of stuff.

9. Meadowbrook

Meadowbrook LawnSite Senior Member

Funny that you should say about renting trucks.....The Home Depot's here in York and Mechanicsburg BOTH rent their own trucks out. It's nothing too spectacular just an F-250 3/4 ton with an aluminum dump (?) body on the back, kinda ugly, but I'd sacrafice ugly rather than having the wheelwells of my car being re-welded to compinsate for my utter stupidity :dizzy:

Chris

10. activelandscaping

activelandscaping LawnSite Member

That's probably not his car.
    10 bucks says theres a bumper sticker that says " my other car is a one ton ".:p

Active