Reason why I am skipping lawns

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Aug 4, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

A lot of people couldn't believe that I and others were skipping lawns. Well, this is why we have to skip lawns

hpim0401.jpg

2. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

About 10 or 12 properly placed I-20's will fix that problem is short order......:)

3. Mico Landscaping design

Mico Landscaping design LawnSite Member

where are you at in michigan? all our yards our greener than ever greeen? how low u cutting man?

4. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

Tiedeman, looks the same here. We have only mowed 4 lawns in the past 3 weeks. PR Wisconsin

5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

who fertilized them, and how?

6. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

I had to skip a couple last week but we got about 3/4 inch of rain that helped out. Nothing like what you're dealing with Tiedeman...that sucks.

Buck

7. tiedeman

from earth

located in Clare

We are cutting lawns 3 1/2" and up

8. tiedeman

from earth

what do you mean bobby?

9. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

No way dude! Says right in our 6 page contract that we are not responsible for any watering issues that the customer may have. You work for someone, you are guaranteed a paycheck at the end of the week. Why shouldn't we? I have a couple of lawns that I cut dust at. They are paying for my service for the year, of which I offer every week. no ifs ands or buts. :cool:

10. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I am just above PR and its slowing way down too. I have been out fertilizing and using 50%SCU. have to get the summer apps in to make some income. When it does rain, look out.