Reasonable quote???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Trevors Lawn Care, May 11, 2004.

1. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

This is getting no attention in the landscaping forum so i will try my luck here.

I have put together a bid to remove all the current mulch from a customers existing beds, extend them out by a foot, put bed edging down and replace the mulch with new mulch.

I am figuring 10 man hours, 4.5 yards of mulch, and 260 feet of bed edging, and a 3ftX250ft roll of bed liner.

Total bill comes to $921.93 materials included, and dumping of debris included. sound about fair?

I have limited landscaping experience, and wasnt going to take on the job, but the continuous calls has led me to do some light landscaping work this year. Any advice on the quote?

Trevor

2. Trevors Lawn Care

are you serious?
    No ideas?

OK

3. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

You give your post 2 hours and then get an attitude. I would not imagine this is going to illicit many responses.

Your prices don't sound too out of line depending on the distance and dfficulty of putting the mulch n the beds. I think 10 hours might be pushing if you are removing the mulch by hand and have to transport it very far.

HOw are you doing the edging? By hand or machine? 260 feet by hand would take some time depending on soil type.

Personally I never put down weed fabric except under rock. Properly maintained mulch will keep out the weeds just as well.

4. Trevors Lawn Care

Thanks Jeff,
    I posted this earlier in the landscaping and still dont have a response. Like 12 this after noon. I am doing the edging by hand, and the fabric is by request. The transporting of the removed debris is going about 6 miles away. I bumped the final bid to 13 hours with two guys.
    Oh and, the soil is a very loose black dirt. Should be easy digging.
    Thanks

trevor

5. Trevors Lawn Care

just looked. The post in the landscaping forumn was posted last night at 11pm. With over a hundred views i was just getting a bit frustrated seeing as how i have never done a bid this large, and dont want to screw either of us.