Rebel or Lesco

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by ojtwelve, Jul 17, 2004.

1. ojtwelve

ojtwelve LawnSite Member

I have another question. I have heard people cay that Rebel products are the best and some say that Lesco is the best. Being that I am a mew homeowner here in Concord, NC, I am seeking assistance in deciding which Brand to buy for my lawn. Can anyone please provide me with their experience using either product?

2. jsmonroeCT

jsmonroeCT LawnSite Member
    from CT

I used both this spring - a Rebels Tall Fescue and a Lesco Perenial Rye and they both came in strong. When I overseed this fall, I'll use a blend of KB and Per Rye and will use lesco and rebels. Both very good.

3. blaze347

blaze347 LawnSite Member

4. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

oj I use lesco park and athletic mix with excelent results. I am from Connecticut diffrent climate but thats my .02. Hope it helps some. Oh firtilize 1 week after planting then 4 weeks after that. Good luck.

5. bobcat175

bobcat175 LawnSite Senior Member

blaze347, unbelievable info!!!! thanks.

6. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

In fescue, Lesco has the Transition Blend they sell for our area which is probably the same as you in NC.

I've used it, but my neighbors have had better results from the Rebel Exceeda fescue. It tends to tolerate mowing at 2-2.5 inches well, darker green and gets more dense that my Lesco experiment.