Rebuilt valve sticking open

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ArTurf, Aug 6, 2013.

1. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

All about choices boss. I am with Chief on this one :)

2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Geez dad, you taught me to warranty your work for more than 2 weeks regardless of manufacturer defects or not. :waving: Now if I read it wrong and he hasn't billed the customer for the original repair, then all is good and he is doing the right thing by making sure it works before billing it out.

3. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Anything questionable , always wait a few days before billing. If need be the bill can be added to.

4. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

::::lifetime::::

In fact, word is the call him Lifetime Leary in the PNW.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  5. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

True dat, and I stood by it, but I only warrantied labor for life. Though as the business changed hands twice in the past ten years, my warranty is moot.
    RB stood by me when I had problems with the early "T-Birds", not only sent me a couple of cases of the "new and improved" model, and told me to send them a bill for the retro-fits. :clapping:

6. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

No call back on valve so far, knock on wood. Prob shouldn't have posted this as it will jinx me but I know you guys like updates.

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

just like zone valves, we need closure :)

8. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

The plastic 1" Buckner inline valve that Ewing sells, or used to, was available for about $15 or so with the flow control. Never saw one without. The FC stem was cheap plastic, just like the manual bleed lever (similar to Weathermatic's)

I had problems rebuilding some a few years back, but I can't remember if it was a diaphragm design change, a bonnet change or both. Parts were not available in the 1" size anyway, so I bought a couple valves to cannibalize for parts. When that didn't work, I cut the pipe on the downstream side spun off the old valve bodies (easier w/ o the bonnet) and spun on new DVFs.

9. Boots, hear the drums an cymbal in the background?