1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Rec for mower upgrade???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jd1513, Jun 8, 2006.

1. jd1513

jd1513 LawnSite Member

I was wondering if some of you pros out there could give me some insight as to what would be the best mower for me to buy? I have a small lawn mowing company (solo op, fully legit) and just work with a honda hrc right now but looking for an upgrade to be much more efficient. All lawns are flat residential about 600-900 sq ft front and about double to triple that in the back. The local dealer was trying to push a 36" wright stander with grass catcher on me for $5750, but also showed me some other walk-behinds. I loved the 36" wright, and i would like to get into a little larger yards eventually, so would the wright stander be the way to go, or should i pay about half that for a 36" scag or some other machine? Thanks in advance for your help!
  2. jd1513

jd1513 LawnSite Member

anyone out there have any input?

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

If your yards are truly that size and flat, look at the Quick 36. Looks to be perfect for that