recall on lazer hp

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cutting edge, Jan 24, 2002.

1. cutting edge

cutting edge LawnSite Member

I got a letter today from my dealer saying there is a recall on my Lazer HP. The letter said that I need to bring it in for a mandatory addition of the crossover tailpipe. Did anyone else receive a letter like this? What is a crossover tailpipe?

Thanks,
    Derek

2. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

Not as of yet, but I am interested to hear more as I own one of these units.

3. dhenegar

dhenegar LawnSite Member

I talked to my dealer today about it. It is a new pipe that redirects the end pipe of the muffler to the top of the engine. He showed me a picture and it looks pretty cool. I don't know what kind of noise level this will produce though. I think they have had some problems with fire when the muffler is on the bottom side. One good thing about this recall is that you get a free set of Exmark blades for bringing it in.

4. cutting edge

Thanks for the replies. I was beginning to think I was the only Exmark member on tonight.

dhenegar,

The free blades will be nice. I wonder if we get a choice, mulch or standard.

5. jrblawncare

jrblawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I received a recall last fall for my HP...they wanted to make sure the muffer had a spark arrester installed...nothing as of yet on a new crossover tail pipe or free blades for that matter.JOHN

6. dhenegar

dhenegar LawnSite Member

I think they are standard. My dealer said they would have the new mufflers in next fri. I'll let you know more then.

7. cutting edge

I had the new tailpipe put on yesterday. It really looks good, but I am concerned about the extra exposure. I have one property that I have to do some tricky maneuvering to get to part of the yard. I am afraid this new tailpipe design is going to be in the way.