1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Recall - Paging PJ

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by laramr, Jun 14, 2012.

1. laramr

laramr LawnSite Member

Hi PJ

Got a recall letter today for the vent fittings. I had one pop out on me last year and had it replaced at winter servicing. Is that the problem being recalled? That they pop out of the hole and take an elephant sitting on them to reseat?

Our records indicate that you are the owner ofone or mor€ Hustler Turf Equipment mowers afected by a
    MANDATORYS AFETYU PGRADEt o replaceth ev entfittins(s).
    In coopemtiown ilh theU .S.C onsumePr roducSt aferyC o rssron(C PSC)E, xcelI ndustdesln, c.
    (manufactueor fyour mower)) sr ecallingth €f ollowingp roducts:
    Model Serial number Range
    Sport \01203'7'7 12054999
    FasTml l0l2l0E2 - 11120946
    FasTrakSuperDuty 10091717-11121566
    Hustler X-ONE t0090'165- 12022041
    SupeZr 1010901- 71 2054999
    Trimstar 11033546 12054999
    Hustler1 500 1006284-5 1 1081604
    It hasb eend etermii€d tbat a potentialh azaJdc ould exist on someH ustler Turf mowers. Gasolinec ould
    leak fiom the taDl and pres€nt a potential fire haz
    Whrt YouS houldD o: Stopu singy ourm oweri mmediatelyD. o not opGrat€th € moweru ntil th€ vent
    fftting(s) has been replaced. Pleas€c oDtacyt our deal€rt o schedulea n appointm€ntt o get a fr€e vent
    fitting upgrade. Log onto www.hustlerurf.com ro locatey our dealero r nearestd eaLer.
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The recall addresses exactly that problem.
    Per the recall letter, get a hold of your dealer for the repair.

3. iamnotafanofgravel

iamnotafanofgravel LawnSite Member

So, is my mower going to burst into flames if I need to use it before I can take it 60 miles to the dealer to have the recall done?
  4. xyz1945

xyz1945 LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

Good luck getting your mower fixed in a timely fashion. Last time I checked the vent kits were on backorder. If you just bought a new mower recently, & it needs the recall you will have to take your mower to your dealer. They do not pay the dealers enough to fix them at your home.
  5. timhall

timhall LawnSite Member

I called my dealer he sent his man to my house and my mower was repaired within 5 minutes. Thanks to Brad from Pontotoc. :usflag:
  6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The chance is there, I would still follow the information from the recall notice you received.

7. iamnotafanofgravel

iamnotafanofgravel LawnSite Member

I made that post before I talked to my dealer. It was a bit inflammatory on purpose. They are going to send someone out to my house next week. That's pretty good customer service. I asked them if I could still use the mower. I listened to their answer, and followed their suggestion.
  8. timhall

timhall LawnSite Member

:usflag: Just to let you know my Hustler mechanic is my neighbor. Also I had no way to transport to my dealer. Other wise I would have took my mower to the dealer personally. In life responsibility is a two way street that we all should share. My regards to Hustler for fixing a problem before it became a problem.:weightlifter:
  9. mrich1353

mrich1353 LawnSite Member

I just spoke to my dealer on the recall for my 48" Super Duty. No parts available and Hustler does not cover service call or pick - up / delivery on a mandatory recall.
    My unit is one year old with only 47 hours; interesting that Hustler has made this cost me as a consumer...
  10. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Please email me ASAP and I will get this taken care of.
    We are reimbursing the dealers for this and for the service call also.