1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by DillonsLawnCare, Jul 15, 2007.

1. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

hi, iam looking at the redmax backpack blowers and my friend has one that i might buy off of him. i was researching and it showed that they recalled 170,000 backpack blowers including the EB6200, EB7000, EB7001, and EB7001RH. they were sold from December 1996 through December 2005. they had cases of peoples blowers getting caught on fire. should i still get this blower. has anyone had or heard anything about these incidents? thanks and reply
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

that recall came out like last year.....it has to do with the muffler possibly splitting causing heat to go on the gas tank making it catch on fire.....if the blower got the update then it will be all set, if not, buy it, use that fact to your advantage to get a lower price since it'll cost you time to get it fixed, and bring it in for the update. Or have your friend update it first. Either way, you'll love that blower, that's what i have.
  3. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

how much does that update cost
  4. Turf Professionals Inc.

Turf Professionals Inc. LawnSite Member

the update is free do to it being a recall

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Itz free,it is nothing to worry with, redmax will fix it fast i took several in under warranty.