Reccomendations on 32" Walk Behinds

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by schumany, Jul 3, 2005.

1. schumany

schumany LawnSite Member

Right now I'm looking at getting a 32" walk behind to upgrade from the 21" mowers I have right now. I like the SCAG SW and the Ferris 32 Hydrocut.

If anyone has any advice or experience, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Paul

2. AlbeLawn

AlbeLawn LawnSite Member

Try calling around and see if you can find a exmark 32" Viking Hydro.
    Thay quit making them 2 years ago and i just picked one up new in St. Louis. I am told they are a beast of a mower.

3. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

It is a very nice mower! Why Emark stopped making it to start making the piece of junk 26" that is over priced and under quality is beyond my comprehension.

4. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

32" Wright Stander with 15 or 17 kawi. It blows eXmark Viking any day, single platform, no sulky , just run and run.

5. nriddle77

nriddle77 LawnSite Senior Member

I think you're right.
    I own the Snapper 32" wb. I do like it, but if I had to do it again, I would seriously consider the Wright Stander.

6. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Forget the 32" Stander Kids...To Many Ruts w/those Narrow Tires and You'll Have to Make alot of 3 Point Turns instead of Just "Zero" Turning w/the Viking because of the Added Weight...32" Units Should be Used in Tight Small Lots Where there is No Reason to Ride....the 32" Wright Velke Mower is a Better Bet...Walk or Ride Dual Hydro.

32" Viking and 33" Gates w/Micro Mulch is a Match Made in Heaven...they Cancelled the 32" Dual Hydro for the 26" Metro... Whatsup w/That eXmark ? People Were too Cheap that's What.

7. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I plan on getting a 32" stander soon as my 32" exmark metro dies. Wright is the only company making a dual hydro 32" walkbehind and a stander. I will never buy another 32" that wasn't hydro. Belts and small properties suck.

8. schumany

schumany LawnSite Member

Thanks guys for your help.

Everyone says that Wright is the best. It's hard to belive, but there isn't a dealership here in Austin. That's the only worry I have.

9. A Simple Cut

A Simple Cut LawnSite Member

What is the going price for a 32" wright stander, so I dont get ripped off.

10. schumany

schumany LawnSite Member

The list price on the 32'' Wright Stander with 15-hp engine is 4,999.00. Ouch!
    All of their prices are on the web site.