1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

receipt scanner

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by sven1277, Sep 28, 2012.

1. sven1277

sven1277 LawnSite Senior Member

I have been considering the purchase for my business. Anyone have experience with them and if it is worth it? Thanks

2. TenderCareLawnService

TenderCareLawnService LawnSite Member

I know this sounds crazy but my wife decided to purchase one of those "Try Neat" scanners from the infomercial. Www.tryneat.com. One of the best investment we have made. We scan business cards, receipts, bills, ect and basically go as paperless as possible. I think it was around $400 for the big one. Well worth the money spent.

3. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I use an app with piture taking and even syncs with my quickbooks :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. sven1277

sven1277 LawnSite Senior Member

I've been doing some research and they appear to work.

5. zimmatic

zimmatic LawnSite Senior Member

reciept has to be clean and crisp. I thought of using one of them but I decided against it since I have a office manager that handles all checks recipts ect. I did purchase a scanner it is a fujitsu S510 Scan snap. It is the best investment I have made. Scans color, B&W, double sided and puts everything into a pdf. My office manager LOVES it for emailing and having contracts signed that day, plus all items are in an electronic format from there on out.

6. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I bought a cheap All in one prrinter that includes fax / copier for $69.00 I bought it in a pinch because I let my main printer run out of toner. I thought I had a cartridge... So I run down and grab this cheap wireless network ready HP for 69.00 bucks.

It works well as a scanner and even will create search able PDFs. I like it too for scanning copies of W9, insurance and such to send to clients. The trick is to scan in grayscale so the file size is much smaller.

One of these days I will get around to scanning receipts and attaching them to files in Quickbooks.

7. ptjackson

ptjackson LawnSite Member

second on the scansnap. I use it in combo with evernote but it's a great tool, not just for business but household and personal use.