receipts?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by new2thebiz, Apr 27, 2004.

1. new2thebiz

new2thebiz LawnSite Member

Just curious whether you guys give a receipt for payment from your customers, and if so, what is a good way to make them out?

2. lawnmedic1

lawnmedic1 LawnSite Member

We never give receipts. If a customer pays the crew in cash, it go in bank envelope(one for each payment) and logged with name amount and date and returned with log at end of day. Customers that pay by mail keep half of the statement mailed to them...Chuck

3. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

payment is statued on next bill they keep there bills for there records

4. allstar

allstar LawnSite Senior Member

You can purchase things like this at Office Depot and Office Max or you can get some printed up with your name on it.Many customers will want receipts,especially if they pay cash.

5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi New2thebiz,

You can print out invoices and have the customer send in the invoice remittance stub and keep the top half of the invoice as a receipt.

6. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Invoice software, or the carbonless generic invoice sheets at Office Max, Office Depot, or Staples

7. dmbmikee

dmbmikee LawnSite Member

How do you guys handle credit card payments? I have a small biz and am relatively new. In the past, I have only accepted cash. Now, I want to accept credit cards.