Received a flyer, but not in the mailbox or door. Interesting.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Eddie B, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

I received a flyer today. It was folded in half, placed in a bag with a few decorative stones to weigh it down, and it was thrown in my driveway. I thought this was an interesting idea. What do you guys think? I took 2 pics, the 2nd pic is a little blurry.

2. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

Pic 2..........

3. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

What a joke, they should have stenciled a brick and thrown it through your window.......idea...... :)

4. NYSCAPER

NYSCAPER LawnSite Member

In a sense it is smart, you don't have to worry about your flyer being blown away and being a waste... and it was probably more efficent when delivering each of the flyers. When they placed them they didn't have to put them somewhere where they would blow away.

5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Yes, I have seen this idea mentioned here before. I'm not real keen on it though, I know myself I don't like to have to bend over to pick something up. I wouldn't expect someone else would want to be bothered also.

6. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Well it seems to have goten some attention. Thats a good thing. Actually, I like the idea, however instead of stones, how about pens with a logo and phone # or something. I know it would be expencive, but if it gets this attention it may be worth it.

7. cochino12

cochino12 LawnSite Senior Member

I did this about three weeks ago, but I used the business card magnets and marbles. Makes distributing way faster and the response was about the same as doing door hangers

8. greeneakers04

greeneakers04 LawnSite Member

I have been toying with this idea myself. Something seems wrong with it though. I think it is too much like littering. I thought it would look really neat. A bunch of flourescent flyers in people's yards all the way up the street. Very efficient. I asked my mother about the idea, what she would think about it if someone did that to her....she said she would find it a little tacky.

Anybody ever use tacks to tack up flyers on wooden mailbox posts? That doesn't seem like a good idea either, but I see it done.

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It is tacky and it's littering, .....plain and simple. I don't care WHAT it says on it. If I got one of these in my drive, it would go into file 13. If I'm gonna get a flyer, atLEAST have the ambition to deliver it to the door.

10. greenwithenvylandscape

greenwithenvylandscape LawnSite Member

I've seen this done by the furniture rental places but they put little toys for the kids in there and a hevier book of cupons. Maybe they think the kids will open it to get the toy and give the paper to mom or dad?